15 Shaban Amaal
15 Shaban Amaal
15th Shaban Aamaal | Shab E Barat | Shaban Amaal
The Holy Prophet (sa.) had said that during the night of 15th Shaba’an the Almighty takes decisions in the matters of sustenance, life and death and welfare of the people. Next to the “Night of Qadr” the night of 15th Sha’baan is the most auspicious night (also known as “night of Baraat”). According to the Imams Muhammad bin Ali Al Baqir (as.) and Jaa’far bin Muhammad As Sadiq (as.) Allah swt has promised to fulfill every legitimate desire put forward to Him tonight. During this night Allah (swt) bestows on HIS people from HIS bounty & forgives them out of HIS grace & generosity .Of the blessings of this night is that ,at the dawn of this night ,was born the Leader of the Time Imam Mahdi (atfs) in Samarra -Iraq in the yr 255 AH .
Recommended Actions :
(1) Take Ghusl (Bath) with the thought of washing away sins & as if its your last Ghusl.
(2) Recite 100 times : سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ وَلا إلهَ إلاَّ اللّه وَاللّهُ أَك ْبَرُ
The above video of 15 Shaban Amaals contains the following:
(3) According to Montakhab al Hasani it is recommended to pray immediately after Magrib prayer,a 2 rakat in each rakat after al Hamd recite 7 times Sura Ikhlass after salam read this dua 21 times and do not talk to anyone until recitation is completed throughout the A’mal.
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ، اللَّهُمَّ اِنَّكَ عَليمٌ حَليمٌ ذُو اَناةٍ، وَ لا طاقَةَ لَنَا بِحُكْمِكَ، يَا اللهُ يَا اللهُ يَا اللهُ! الأمَانَ الأمَانَ الأمَانَ مِنَ الطَّاعُونِ وَ الْوَبَاءِ وَ مَوْتِ الفَجْأَةِ وَ سُوءِ القَضَاءِ وَ شَمَاتَةِ الأعْدَاءِ، رَبَّنَا اكْشِفْ عَنَّا الْعَذَابَ إنَّا مُؤْمِنُونَ إنَّا مُوقِنُونَ، بِرَحْمَتِكَ يَا أرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِينَ»
(عنوان الكلام، ص 210)
(4) Recite Ziarat of Imam Husayn(as) & Special Ziarat of Imam Husayn(as) for 15 Shaban as all the Prophets & Angels visit the Imam on this night.
As a short salutation ,one may go to the terrace/elevated place, look left, right & towards the sky & recite :- Assalamu Alalika Ya Aba Abdillah Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah e wabarakatoh
السَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يَا أَبَا عَبْدِ اللّه السَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ وَرَحْمَةُ اللّه وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
(5) Recite Namaz /Salaat of Jafar-e-Tayyar
(6) Recite Dua Kumayl for Seeking forgiveness. In Hadith, it is mentioned that Kumayl ibn Ziyad said, “I was sitting with my master Amir al-Mominin ‘Ali ibn Abu Talib (peace be upon him) in Masjid Kufa and a group of companions were also sitting with him. One of them asked him what the meaning of the verse ‘Whereupon every wise command is made clear.’ (Surah ad-Dukhan, Verse 4) The Imam (peace be upon him) replied, The meaning of this is the night of the 15th of Sha‘ban. I swear by the One who holds the life of ‘Ali in His hands there is not a single servant of Allah except that all the good and bad that will reach him in this year is divided up and handed out on the 15th of Sha‘ban and this good and bad will continue from the 15th of Sha‘ban until the next year on the same night. The servant who stays up this night and recites the Du‘a of Khidr will have his supplications answered.” This dua taught to Kumayl ibn Ziad is now known popularly as Dua e Kumayl.
(7) One must seek closeness to Imam al-Mehdi (may Allah hasten his return) the Hujjah of our Time; Wali al-‘Amr;
(8) On this night, one should also be busy in Ziyarat, Munajat and asking our desires and complaining of our separation from our awaited Imam. One may write an Ariza(Letter)to Imam as well .Our supplications and Salat should always be performed with the thought in the back of our minds of the distance from our leader however we should also keep in mind and be thankful to Allah swt that we are blessed with such a guide. Recite the duas relating to the Imam (atfs) Dua Nudba , Isteghasa & Ziarat Aale Yasin .and the special salat of Imam Zaman