Amal-E-18 Zilhaj (Eid E Gadeer)
Aamal and prayers of Eid-e-Ghadeer
- It is recommended to take bath early in the day for purification.
- Observe fast on this day.
- Recite Ziarat-e-Ameenallah and Ziarat-e-Mutliqah
- Recite Ziarat-e-Nudbah
- Offer 2 rakaat prayer of Eid-e-Ghadeer before mid-day. In each Rakaat after Sura Hamd recite
10 times Sura Ahad (Qul ho Allah ho Ahad),
10 times Sura Qadr (Inna anzalna ho fi lailat-il-Qadr) and
10 times Ayat al-Kursi.
This prayer is highly rewarding and whatever dua is asked for from Allah(swt), inshallah, will be granted. It is recommended to recite this prayer closer to but before mid-day since that was the time when Prophet Mohammad(pbuh&hf) announced the successorship and nomination of Imam Ali(a.s.) as master of the faithfuls.
After the prayers go into prostration and recite:
100 times “Shukran Lillah” and
100 times ” Alhamd-o-lillah”.
Imam Jaffer Sadiq(a.s.) says that whoever does so will be like a person who accepted the Imamate and Caliphate of Imam Ali(a.s.) and pledged allegiance at the Ghadeer-e-Khum in front of Prophet Mohammad(pbuh&hf). The person who performs this act will also like those who will be with the Imam-e-Zamana(a.s.) under his flag.
- It is customary among the followers of Ahl-e-Bait(a.s.) to greet each other on this day and shake their hands and say to each other the following : “Akhaituka fil lah-e wa safetoka fil lah-e wa safahtoka fil lah-e wa aahad tullah-a wa malaekatahu wa kutubahu wa rusulahu wa ambiya-uhu wa aaimmatul ma’soomeena alaihumus salam ala anni in kuntu min ahlil jannati wash shafa’ate wa oozina lee be an adkhulal jannah la adkhulaha illa wa anta ma ee aa”.
- Recite 100 times.
اَلْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ الّذى جَعَلَ كَمالَ دينِهِ وَتَمامَ نِعْمَتِهِ بِوِلايَةِ اَميرِ الْمُؤ مِنينَ عَلىِّ بْنِ اَبى طالِبٍ عَلَيْهِ السَّلامُ
ALH’AMDU LILLAAHILLAD’EE JA-A’LA KAMAALA DEENIHI WA TAMAAMA NIA’-MATIHI BIWALAAYATI AMEERIL MOOMINEENA ALIYYIBNA ABEE T’AALIB A’LAYHISSALAAM
- Wilayat ka iqrar karay.